Opera is a popular web-browser includes built-in phishing and malware protection. Opera web-browser provides lot of features include tabbed browsing, page zooming, integrated download manager, pop-ups etc., to make it easy web-browsing.
Pop-ups are the windows those will open without your knowledge when you are browsing the internet sites. Most of the pop-ups are used to display advertisements. Opera allows you to allow or disallow pop-ups.
This article explains the steps to enable or disable pop-ups.
This applies to:
- Opera 18.x
Step (1). Open Opera web-browser.
Step (2). Click on Opera icon which is on top left corner of the Opera web-browser window. It will display a pull-down menu.
Step (3). Select Settings menu item. Opera will open a “Settings” page.
Step (4). From “Settings” page, click on Websites link. Opera will display websites settings.
Step (5). Under Pop-ups section:
- Select “Allow all sites to show pop-ups” option, to allow pop-ups for all sites.
- If you want to disable pop-ups for all sites, select “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” option.
Step (6). You can override these options on particular web-sites. That means, even though you select “Allow all sites to show pop-ups” option; you can disable pop-ups for particular web-sites. To enter these details, click on “Manage exceptions…” button. Opera will display “Pop-up exceptions” window:
- Provide your web-site name under “Hostname pattern” and select Allow or Block value from the combo-box under “Behavior”. Then click on Tab key from keyboard to add the entry.
- You can enter your site’s main domain name or sub-domain name under “Hostname pattern”. If you enter your site’s main domain name (eg: your-site-name.com), pop-ups will be allowed or disallowed for whole site, including its sub domains (eg: sub-domain.your-site-name.com). But if you enter your site’s sub-domain name (eg: sub-domain.your-site-name.com), pop-ups will be allowed or disallowed for only that particular sub-domain of your site.
- You can delete the entries by clicking on “X” mark next to the entry.
Step (7). Once you made the necessary changes click on Done button to save your changes and close “Pop-up exceptions” window.
Now Opera will allow or dis-allow the pop-ups for websites, based on the websites settings you have provided.
by Code Steps