Joomla Plugins are code modules useful to extend Joomla’s functionality. Once the Plugin is enabled in Joomla, Joomla will load the Plugin and provide the functionality by calling functions within the Plugin when associated event triggered. Functions in Plugin are associated with trigger events. This is a powerful way of extending the Joomla’s functionality.
This article explains the steps to Enable or Disable the Plugins to extend Joomla’s functionality.
This article applies to:
- Joomla 3.x
Step (1). Log-in into Joomla based web-site as an administrator.
Step (2). Joomla will display a Control Panel. And on top of it you will find a navigation menu.
Step (3). Click on Extensions menu. Joomla will display a pull-down menu.
Step (4). From pull-down menu, select Plugin Manager menu item. Joomla will display the “Plugin Manager: Plugins” page.
Step (5). Search for the plugin you want to enable or disable by typing the plugin name in Search box. Once you typed the plugin name, click on Search icon to search for plugins. Joomla will display the list of plugins which match with the title you entered.
Step (6). Under Status column, it will show whether the Plugin is enabled or disabled. By clicking on the icon which is under Status column, you can enable or disable the Plugin.
- Joomla allows to enable or disable multiple Plugins at a time.
- Select the Plugins you want to enable or disable by checking the check-boxes.
- Click on Enable button which is on top of the Plugins list to enable the Plugins or click on Disable button to disable the Plugins.
- You can also enable or disable the Plugin from its details page. Click on Plugin name from Plugins list.
- Joomla will display Plugin’s details page.
- Click on Status field. It will display a drop-down list.
- Select Enabled to enable the Plugin or Disabled to disable the Plugin.
- Once you made the changes click on Save button to Save the changes (Save & Close button will save the changes and return back to Plugins list).
Once the Plugin is enabled, Joomla will use Plugin’s functionality wherever it is required. If the Plugin is disabled, you will not able to see or experience the functionality which depends on the disabled Plugin.
by Code Steps