One day, I have received a Task to my Task list to fix an issue; which stopping the User(s) to create a Survey in one of the LimeSurvey website(s). The issue, shows below message:
Internal Server Error
Property “Survey.gsid” is not defined.
An internal error occurred while the Web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.
So, I was completely not aware what went wrong here & I really don’t know that time; how to fix the issue. I have done, some investigation & figured out where the issue is and I fixed it. Would like to share the same with you; the steps I followed to fix the issue.
- This article applies to LimeSurvey version 3.x.
- You can try with other versions too; it may work. But I had fixed this issue for the version LimeSurvey 3.x. 🙂
- When I received this Task; I have started contacting the User to get more details about the issue. Would more likely to understand what changes the User had done, before he/she was seeing this issue.
- And came to know from the User, that he/she was facing this issue after Upgrading the web site to the latest version of LimeSurvey software.
- Then I had some to the clue that, how to reproduce this issue on my TEST System. I did the same, and it was started appearing to me too.
- Based on my experience, and the information I had, I figured out easily what went wrong. Usually this is something where we need to clear the cache. Followed the below steps to fix this issue:
- Log-in into the web server & go to the location where LimeSurvey website files are installed.
- Go to the cache folder where LimeSurvey will maintain the cache files. Usually the location is:
- Remove all the files in this cache folder.
- Then go to the web site and Refresh the Page. Now you don’t see the issue and LimeSurvey allows to create the surveys.
I have successfully fixed this issue and I can see my User’s happy face. 🙂