IIS 7 Web Server (Internet Information Services) Manager provides easy to use interface to manage IIS Web Server.
Through this article, we are going to discuss the steps to start or stop the IIS 7 Web Server on Windows 7 Operating System.
Step (1). Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager application. It will open three panes in the IIS 7 manager window.
- The left side pane is the Connection pane; where it displays the list of connections made with the IIS 7 manager.
- The middle pane is used to display the selected item’s features or content.
- The right side pane is the Actions pane, it will display the list of actions to manage the server and Deploy options.
Step (2). From Actions pane:
- Click on Start action from the Actions pane to start IIS Web Server. Or
- Click on Stop action to stop the Web Server.
Step (3). Open the web browser and type localhost in the address bar.
- If IIS Web Server is running, the web browser will display the IIS 7 web page.
- If IIS is stopped, it will display a “HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.” message.