IIS 7 Web Server (Internet Information Services) Manager provides easy to use interface to manage IIS Web Server.
This article explains the steps to start or stop IIS 7 Web Server on Windows 7 Operating System.
Step (1). Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager application. It will open three panes in the IIS 7 manager window.
- Left side pane is the Connection pane, it will display list of connections made with IIS 7 manager.
- Middle pane is used to display selected item’s features or content.
- Right side pane is the Actions pane, it will display the list of actions to manage the server and Deploy options.
Step (2). From Actions pane:
- Click on Start action from Actions pane to start the Web Server. Or
- Click on Stop action to stop the Web Server.
Step (3). Open web-browser and type localhost in address bar.
- If IIS Web Server is running, web-browser will display IIS 7 web-page.
- If IIS is stopped, it will display “HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.” message.